Friday, 20 December 2013

The Eleven Days of Christmas: Day Seven

So...we're totally just going to pretend that I blogged on Day Six, right? That I didn't forget, then remember at ten o'clock at night when I was already snuggled up under a blanket with no intention of turning on my computer.

Okay, good.

Glad we're on the same page.

So onto day seven, and today is going to be all about the music.

The music, man. Can you dig it? Can you feel it? Alright.

Since it's Friday, and for many of you it's going to be a night to celebrate since you might now be off work for TWO. WHOLE. WEEKS. I think we can all agree that there's good chance you might be doing a happy dance. In our house, LB and I get our happy dance on everyday. Yep, we have dance parties everyday.

Most days it's just me dancing by myself while LB looks at me like I'm nuts, but I'm okay with that. I love to dance, and there's no harm in her seeing me act like a huge goofball.

I wouldn't say I have particularly inspired taste in music, because generally I just listen to whatever comes on the radio. In fact, I'm not afraid to admit that Dan is downright frightened for our daughter's future musical palate because he's concerned he's not around enough to influence her. When she was first born, he'd race home at night and put on a hour of tunes that he deemed 'good music' to try and erase all that Beyonce she and I listened to for the previous eight hours. But today my friends, we need to have a moment of silence for Dan's efforts because I'm afraid they might have been for nought. You see, lately every time Katy Perry's "Roar" comes on the radio, LB starts dipping her little knees and dancing.

She loves the song.

Loves. It.

I'm certain he shed a tear.

So without further ado, here is a collection of the current songs in heavy rotation for our afternoon dance parties.


It should be noted, whenever we dance to this song I tell her she never has to dance alone.
I'll always dance with her.

Generally I think Lana Del Rey should only sing at funerals, but I'll be damned if this remix isn't catchy.

When we need to slow it down.

Because it's great for stomping your feet!

Straight up obsessed with this one. 
It's great for teaching LB to move to the beat.

\Probably shouldn't let her listen to this one...

And of course:


She really loves this one.


Happy dancing, folks!

No comments: