Wednesday, 13 February 2013

Not Thinking

I have a little bag of sea salt on my counter, and I use it for cooking. The bottom of the bag got a hole in it, so as I moved the bag to wipe down the counter about two teaspoons of salt emptied from the bag onto the counter.

I sighed in annoyance, natch, then swept those granules into my hand.

Then--out of nowhere--I had a flashback to Rachel Ray's 30 Minute Meals where she always used to throw a pinch if salt over her left shoulder for luck. "I need luck," I shrugged, so without even thinking I tossed the entire two teaspoons of salt over my shoulder!

I heard them scatter all over my kitchen floor!

It was a gritty walk to the broom cupboard, and let me tell you: I did a lot more than sigh in annoyance.

1 comment:

mom said...

Oh Caitie, you make me laugh !!