Friday, 28 December 2012

A Little of This, a Little of That

LB is napping, I'm listening to the guy upstairs sing some sort of off-key show tune, and I'm wracking my brain for something interesting to blog about. What memory do I want recorded?

How about how yesterday I put my hand in my jeans pocket and there was baby vomit in there.

Ack! That was alarming and unexpected.

But otherwise, it's been quiet around here. We had an excellent Christmas and I cooked my first ever turkey! When I took it out of the oven, I thought I had some sort of Clark W. Griswold turkey situation on my hands when I pinched the turkey thigh and came away with dry meat, but it wasn't that bad. In other words, it didn't steam open to nothingness when I cut it open, but yeah it was a bit overdone.

Better that than salmonella, I always say! Ah, haha...err, right?

But for her first Christmas, we definitely spoiled LB. And by 'we', I mean I did.  But what sort of parent would I be if didn't get my four month old baby a boat load of gifts she has no interest in?! Am I right! But now I think I'm causing the poor child to experience mental overload, because as she's chewing away on one toy, I'm rummaging through her toy bin searching for another one she hasn't seen yet.

"Hey, LB! Look at this toy! Look at this one!"

She grabs it, eats it, throws up on it, whatever, but I've already moved on to the next.

"Okay, now look at this one!"

"Now this one!"

"Now this one!"

There's a very real chance I'm going to give our kid ADD.  But seriously, do you guys even know how many awesome toys are out there for babies? Fact: on Christmas morning Dan looked under the Christmas tree, spied Santa's gift to LB (some wooden toy that makes noise, is easy for her to grab, and is shaped like an atom) picked it up and brought it to me in the kitchen and exclaimed, "THIS IS AWESOME! I want to play with this."

Oh, yeah, another note about Christmas morning is LB decided to sleep in until 10:00. Geez! Well, she was wide awake until 10:00 p.m. on Christmas Eve basking in the adoration of the extended family making kissy faces at her, so she was tired, but 10:00 a.m. on Christmas morning is a bit much. So her 31 year old parents decided to wake up their baby (who only recently figured out what hands do) because we couldn't wait any longer for her to open her presents.

Yup.

Here are some pictures that are now seasonally irrelevant! Enjoy!
 
photo (6) IMG_1286 IMG_1288 IMG_1287

Oh! One last thing. Does anyone besides me LOVE pomegranate season? I'm talking good old fashioned elementary school 'like liking'. I'm talking be-still my beating heart adoration.

 
IMG_1284
 
This crimson kernels make me unbelievably happy, and every night I eat a half pomegranate just because I love how fun this fruit is to eat! I bash all the seeds into a bowl, then scoop them up with a spoon to revel in the feeling of a dozen tiny seeds bursting in my mouth.
 
It's better than bubble wrap.
 
Truth.

1 comment:

Ais said...

Your tree looks pretty! And pomegranates are indeed very delicious :)