Tuesday, 7 February 2012

Brr!

Okay, so be prepared to be severely underwhelmed by this post. Why? Well, because I'm going to show you some pictures of...snow.

I know!

I can't help it, okay. My life is mondo boring right now and taking pictures of the snow was what my Sunday morning was all about. You're just going to have to deal with it (or not deal with it, in which case you'll stop reading now; I can hardly blame you).

Maybe things will get more exciting in a week.

But probably not.

Anyhow, we're experiencing a bit of an unusual cold front in my part of Switzerland (I think it applies all over the country, actually) and when I watch the news they're all: "It's cold. Look, a dead bird! The bird died because of the cold! Ice. There's ice! The fountains have frozen! Brr."

And let me tell you, people are crazy surprised the fountains have iced over. I haven't been able to make it to Bern lately, but next time I go I will take a picture of people taking pictures of fountain ice.

I promise!

Unless I don't make it Bern in time, and the weather warms up and the ice melts. Then it will just be a regular fountain, and no one will care about it anymore and won't take pictures of it. Except for the one fountain that shows a monster man eating a baby. Actually, I'm surprised I haven't taken a picture of that one. So basically, fear not! You will get a fountain picture in your future!

Anyhow, if you'll recall this time last year I was introducing you to Mr. Goat Willow and his family of catkins. Well Mr. Goat Willow is not pleased with this cold, and he is not allowing his catkins out to play just yet; they're all still tightly budded up, getting cabin fever, and hating the cold because they have their awesome new outfits to show off to Spring but it's too cold to not wear a coat. Poor Mr. Goat Willow, it must be chaos in his house.

So anyhow, the point of all this is to say it's cold out and we have snow.

Here's the pictures to prove it!

DSC_0369

DSC_0374

DSC_0381

DSC_0386

DSC_0372

DSC_0383

DSC_0390

Actually, I do have one more thing to add to this whole it's-cold-so-water-freezes, boring post. So the people who live below us, they have two little dogs and they haven't been taking them outside because it's chilly. This means they've been letting the dogs do their business on their deck (ICK) and they've been scooping and disposing of the number twos, but they've been pushing the number ones into the eavestroughing, and now, when you walk below their deck, there is a really huge YELLOW icicle that hangs over your head.

Needless to say, I'm not looking forward to the thaw.

3 comments:

mom said...

You should take a picture of the yellow icicle :-) Love your pictures Cait. We have no snow now but it has been foggy for the past few days. Will be glad to see some sun.

Caitie said...

It's so yellow and gross! So okay, I'll do it ;-) hahaha.

T said...

haha, even the image of the yellow icicle in my mind is so gross! Looking forward to seeing the fountain pictures!