Wednesday, 19 October 2011

Dizzy Dogs

There is a very old carousel that operates in our village for a couple of weeks, every few months. It was set up again last week, and as I was walking by one evening I could have sworn that I saw a dog spinning around with the wooden ponies, pigs, and stagecoaches. But then my bus pulled up and I had to run to catch it, and I forgot all about what I might have seen.

Then on Saturday as I was going by, I saw a border collie eagerly running up to greet all patrons who were approaching the colourfully striped top of the musical merry-go-round.

"I wonder..."

It's a very handy thing to carry your camera with you 90% of the time, because look at what I say yesterday.

DSC_0710
Don't mind me.

When I saw his royal highness waiting for his ride to begin, a huge grin split my face as I took his picture. I don't know why, but there's something about this scene that is so innocently pure it is almost therapeutic.

A dog on a carousel.

What could be more natural?

Of course, I wasn't the only one who was delighted by this.


DSC_0712
Look!

DSC_0713
How 'bout them apples?

I ran my errand and was back outside about two minutes later. And when I walked by the carousel, those two little girls were sharing his highness's stage coach, giggling like mad as they patted his head, because I bet when they woke up that morning they never expected to share a carousel ride with a border collie.

Life is full of surprises.

3 comments:

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

hahaha! I love that he sat in the chariot - spoiled little doggie ;-)

Gorgeous carousel!

Ais said...

Awwww!!!!! I love it Cait :) It's things like this that just make you smile and make your whole day!

Caitie said...

Hey girls, isn't it great?! He owns that ride, I tell you. This weekend scores of little tykes were lined up to pet him and sit with him. What a charmer.