Tuesday, 5 April 2011

Can I Interest You in a Bubble Bath? Or a Glass of Water?

Last night I was making dinner, and Dan was scrubbing our shower/tub because it was his turn to do so.

Scrubbing the shower/tub is a chore we both loathe, so that's why we split it 50/50 (or 70/30 in favour of me. Or 80/20. Or maybe it's more like 90/10? Okay fine! It's more like 98/2). Anyhow, we (he) give(s) it a good scrub and then we try to ignore the porcelain beast for as long as possible until we realize it's time to scrub it again because there remains no more chance of slipping on the not-so-shiny surface.

As I was pounding out chicken breasts, Dan came into the kitchen with one of my scarves wrapped military-style around his nose and mouth.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Don't have a bath tonight," his muffled voice informed me.

"Why?"

"Because there's some crazy strong smells coming out of that drain. Like, so weird I can taste the smell."

"Insane! What does the smell taste like?"

"You know the rotten smelling canal water in Venice?"

"Yeah."

"Imagine drinking a glass of it."

"EWW!"

"Yeah, I know. So what's for dinner? I'm starving."

4 comments:

mom said...

Is the smell still there? Dan and his appetite, nothing deters it :-)

Ais said...

Ew! What's the problem with it?

Habebi said...

Ha ha ha! Well it's a good things are split 98/2 in your favor then isn't it? Hpe you guys figure out what in the world is going on. Or at least it stops and never comes back. That's good too...

Caitie said...

Yes, it was the pipes in our building. Thankfully the smell is gone, because no matter how romantic Venice may seem to be, those rotten canals really stink and I didn't want that smell in my bathroom! haha