Monday, 14 February 2011

Shot Through The Heart

CSC_1450

Can we all agree that Hallmark wants us to believe that Valentine's Day is a big deal?

It's not as big a deal around Bern (possibly because German is hardly the language of love. Ich liebe dich! Ah, geshundheit?), but there are a few signs here and there reminding shoppers that today is Valentine's Day.

I always associate Valentine's Day with that squirmy and uncomfortable feeling my seventeen year old self felt when I was sitting in biology class and hoping to God that the 'Cupid' who was delivering secret admirer carnations wouldn't give one to me. Incidentally, he didn't. Which then led to further squirmy and uncomfortable feelings because WHAT ABOUT ME CUPID? HUH? WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME? WHERE'S MY CARNATION?

Well Internet, I just wanted to make sure that in case some pimply teenage toga-wearing Cupid didn't show up in your biology class today, you wouldn't be without a carnation. In other words, don't wait for someone else to do it for you, go get yourself the flowers and chocolate (and if you wait until tomorrow they'll be half price--SCORE!)
 
Happy Valentine's Day, lovelies. 

2 comments:

T said...

haha, you sound like me Caitie, Ben asked me what I wanted for Valentine's Day and my reply was "nothing" ...followed by a few minutes later "discounted chocolate on the 15th".

Happy Valentine's Day to you too!

Ais said...

damn right. stupid valentines day :(