1. To guy in the Migros: when you are at the bulk bin of buns and other assorted (delicious) carbs, you will notice that handy tongs are provided. These are to be used so that you don't paw through the buns, dragging your dirty jacket sleeve all over the merchandise. Gross.
2. I should probably cringe in embarrassment at this revelation but *meh*. I have finally started taking German lessons since I believe I have now learned all that I can learn from The Simpsons.
3. I really should cringe in embarrassment at this revelation but also *meh*. I find it incredibly hard to wake-up at 6:00 a.m. in order to be present and presentable for the 8:00 a.m. class start. I sometimes have to sacrifice showering and/or eating breakfast in order to make it on time.
4. Oh, yeah. Today was only the second day. Schiesse.
5. It feels as though spring comes to Switzerland in January. It is crazy warm in my part of the world (well, for me), and I am only wearing my spring jacket. This is why I am perplexed that I see so many women wearing giant fur coats: if it's warm enough that we're getting rain and not snow, maybe you should put that pelt back in the closet or move to Russia.
6. Is it naive that I am honestly and profoundly shocked to see so many people wearing fur coats?
7. I can't find black beans in my local Migros or Coop. Where art thou, black beans?
8. Going to class today a girl was walking in front of me carrying a toque that I recognize to be Canadian (it's the white one with little red maple leafs all over it) and I wanted to ask if she's from Canada, but then I couldn't because there's this tiny problem that I'm shy and feel incapable of approaching people. She's also not in my class either.
9. At what point will I be a grown-up and stop getting acne because it's getting really irritating Face, REALLY IRRITATING.
10. Cosmo is having severe behavioural issues lately and I swear he is a person trapped in a cat's body. I know this because Poppy is so sweet and calm and cat-like, and Cosmo is like a demon toddler who wants to flip their parents the bird and say 'screw off mom, I can walk now so leave me alone' but doesn't have the vocabulary so they resort to yelling and throwing things. That's my cat. My cat yells and cries and bats objects off shelves and picks fights when he doesn't get his way. He really, honestly does.