Thursday, 27 January 2011

Have You Brushed Your Teeth Today?

Every morning on my walk to class, as I'm heading down Bern's main drag, I pass a display box that has a television inside of it broadcasting a repeat video of...DENTAL SURGERY.

What the what?

Dental. Surgery. Every. Morning.

The video is completely unavoidable and every day I see a close-up shot of a dentist working in some person's pink and slimy mouth, prodding around in a gaping hole where a gnarly tooth once was. And what is the dentist doing? Oh, just drilling straight up into the patient's gums.

Did you hear me, Internet? I said drilling. There is a drill involved. Like you know how you drill a hole into the wall? Or how construction crews drill holes into concrete? Well, the dentist is drilling a hole into a person's gums!

The horror! The horror!

Who is responsible for this video, how did they get to broadcast it on Bern's main drag, and why the f-ck IS IT STILL PLAYING?!

Now excuse me, I have to go floss. Superb dental hygiene has become an even more pressing concern of mine, these past three weeks.

4 comments:

Mrs Crocodile said...

Hi Cait!
If it's any consolation, there is a pharmacy on my way to the migros, which has a graphic new advertisement for a Nose Douche. Every time I walk by it I take a very deep breath in.
Yours,
Mrs Crocodile

Ais said...

Well, maybe after putting the dentist off for two years, I should finally make an appointment. Dont want the person in the video to be me!

Caitie said...

Mrs Crocodile--One of Dan's relatives once took the time to show me how a nose douche worked, because for some reason he thought I needed to know. It was grotesque. Please tell me exactly which pharmacy I need to avoid so that I don't see that advertisment ;-) Your screen name also rocks.

Ais--Get to the dentist! Get to the dentist! Stop eating candy! Floss! Yesterday I was in Bern, and the video was showing the dentist snipping away at the gums in preparation for the drill!

T said...

ugh... I hate the dentist (who doesn't?). But I went a few weeks ago and every time I go I get scared into going again because of the fear that it could always get worse!