Sunday, 28 November 2010

Walking in a Winter Wonderland

Yesterday Dan and I went into Bern for two reasons: (1) to go to the Munster and check out the Christmas market; and (2) to eat some street vendor food.

The mission was not only accomplished but it (A) also put me in the Christmas spirit (really not hard to do) and (B) it tasted delicious! In case you're wondering my street vendor fare of choice was a warm toscana hot dog in a crusty baguette with mayo and ketchup. So good.

But do you want to know the best part about yesterday was?

Well, it snowed.

And it snowed.

And it snowed!

Behold: SNOW.

DSC_0550
Quite nice!

DSC_0546DSC_0553
DSC_0559DSC_0562
Decorative tree hung outside a window; awesome star; and the Christmas market.

Coming from Canada, you would think that I could care less about snow. Well, you'd be wrong. I love winter.

It snowed the entire day, and then last night around midnight or so Dan and I decided to go for a walk.

It was still snowing.

As we strolled around our village, we noticed that there were a whole bunch of tables set up, and then Dan saw a sign that said today--Sunday--there was to be a little street market.

I don't actually have pictures of the market, but I assure you I went. The reason I have no photos is because I was too busy stuffing my face with deep fried apple rings, slurping back hot spiced wine (*hic* delicious *hic*), and eating these dreamy little cakey lemon balls that were rolled in sugar.

Take it from my spiked glucose levels--I was at that street festival.

After we saw all there was to see, Dan and I went on a nice long walk through the snowy world and here are a few of my favourite pictures from today.

DSC_0687DSC_0700
"Two ladies walking and some partridges in a pear tree"

DSC_0760DSC_0702
You would not believe how photogenic this donkey was.
He totally worked it too--looking left and right.
I have approximately thirty seven pictures of him.
Approximately.

DSC_0625DSC_0658
Winter fairy tale wonderland....

DSC_0714DSC_0717
Look at us, loving the snow.

Tonight Dan lit the first advent candle and we had a raclette for dinner.

So basically what I'm saying is, bring your game face December because I'm ready for you.

4 comments:

Habebi said...

LOVE!! Ohhh I'd be like a little kid too out there in the snow. I love snow, especially in December. When it comes to Oklahoma I get sooo excited lol. Love the pictures as usual!

mom said...

Lots of snow, lucky you. It has warmed up here so ours is slowly melting but I'm hoping we get a good dump soon but not on Friday when we fly out for Vegas!!! Sooo excited.

love mom

Ais said...

Nice pictures Cait! I hope that the snow sticks, and that it will be there when we come for Christmas! The market sounds fun too.

T said...

Yummmm, I love raclette! As always your pictures are awesome Caitie!