Friday, 20 August 2010

In Defence of the Haus Frau

**
"Why yes I did turn my 'woman' badge over to the snarling feminist at the gate.
Now how does this recipe work? Giggle. I just stay at home, so I don't know."


Haus frau,
Haus frau,
Watcha say now?

Please don’t think me lazy,
Though to you my reality is hazy,
“Hiking, exploring, aren’t your days boring?”

Careful girl your words smack of crazy,
Because on any given Tuesday,
You won’t find me snoring.

Haus frau,
Haus frau,
Watcha say now?

The endless paper waltz,
Was the everyday assault,
In that old world of nine to five.

Pulse was there and doc says ‘alive’,
But sometimes you hate the damn waltz,
And only want to jive.

Haus frau,
Haus frau,
Watcha say now?

There aren’t caviar lunches,
With an air kissed ‘ciao.’

But the music is loud,
When you hike into the clouds.

“Are you getting supper on the table by six?”
Careful girl your words smack of
Ignorance.

Haus frau,
Haus frau,
Watcha say now?

Label your jars but not,
My life.

When your worth is your job,
Then you’ve been robbed.

Peace.



(**image via Google images)

4 comments:

Habebi said...

ROFL ... Word. :-P

mom said...

Very nice and so true :-)

Ais said...

Hahaha, I think you should record a rap record. Kanye may have some competition here.

T said...

I'm with your sister, I definitely need to hear the live version!